The H7 Solutions Email Services Policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using H7 Solutions Email Services. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change. Please also refer to H7 Solutions Terms and Conditions for more information.
Spam and Bulk Mail
Don’t use H7 Solutions Email Services to distribute spam or unsolicited commercial mail.
You are not allowed to use H7 Solutions Email Services to send email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or other anti-spam laws; to send unauthorized email via open, third-party servers; or to distribute the email addresses of any person without their consent.
You are not allowed to automate the H7 Solutions Email Services interface, whether to send, delete, or filter emails, in a manner that misleads or deceives users.
Please keep in mind that your definition of “unsolicited” or “unwanted” mail may differ from your email recipients’ perception. Exercise judgment when sending email to a large number of recipients, even if the recipients elected to receive emails from you in the past. When H7 Solutions Email Services users mark emails as spam, it increases the likelihood that future messages you send will also be classified as spam by our anti-abuse systems.
Distribution Lists / Newsletters
Each user on your distribution list or newsletter should opt to receive messages from you in one of the following ways (opt-in):
- Through an email asking to subscribe to your list.
- By manually checking a box on a web form, or within a piece of software.
The following methods of address collection are not considered 'opt-in' and are not authorized:
- Using an email address list purchased from a third-party.
- Setting a checkbox on a web form or within a piece of software to subscribe all users by default (requiring users to explicitly opt-out of mailings).
A user must be able to unsubscribe from your mailing list through one of the following means:
- A prominent link in the body of an email leading users to a page confirming his or her unsubscription (no input from the user, other than confirmation, should be required).
- By replying to your email with an unsubscribe request.
- Provide a 'List-Unsubscribe' header which points to an email address or a URL where the user can unsubscribe easily from future mailings. (Note: This is not a substitute method for unsubscribing.)
- Automatically unsubscribe users whose addresses bounce multiple pieces of mail.
- Periodically send confirmation messages to users.
- Include each mailing list they are signed up for, and offer the opportunity to unsubscribe from those in which they are no longer interested.
- Explicitly indicate the email address subscribed to your list.
- Support a URL method of unsubscribing from your mailing list (this is beneficial if your mailing list manager can't tell who is unsubscribing based on the 'Reply-to:' address).
The Creation and Use of Multiple H7 Solutions Email Services Accounts
Don’t create or use multiple accounts to abuse H7 Solutions policies, bypass H7 Solutions Email Services account limitations, circumvent filters, or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account. (For example, if you’ve been blocked by another user or have had your H7 Solutions Email Services account disabled due to abuse, don’t create a replacement account that engages in similar activity.)
You’re also not allowed to create H7 Solutions Email Services accounts by automated means or buy, sell, trade, or re-sell H7 Solutions Email Services accounts to others.
Don’t use H7 Solutions Email Services to transmit viruses, malware, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature. In addition, don’t distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of networks, servers, or other infrastructure belonging to H7 Solutions or others.
Fraud, Phishing, and other Deceptive Practices
You may not access another user’s H7 Solutions Email Services account without their explicit permission. Don’t use H7 Solutions Email Services to trick, mislead, or deceive other users into sharing information under false pretenses.
Don’t phish for users’ data such as login information, passwords, financial details, or government identification numbers, or use H7 Solutions Email Services as part of a scheme to defraud others.
H7 Solutions has a zero-tolerance policy against child sexual abuse imagery. If we become aware of such content, we will report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as required by law. We may also take disciplinary action, including termination, against the H7 Solutions Email Services accounts of those involved.
Respect copyright laws. Don’t infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights. You are also not allowed to encourage or induce others to violate intellectual property rights. You can report copyright infringement to H7 Solutions by using this form.
Don’t use H7 Solutions Email Services to harass, intimidate or threaten others. Anyone found to be using H7 Solutions Email Services for these purposes may have their account disabled.
Keep it legal. Don’t use H7 Solutions Email Services to promote, organize, or engage in unlawful activities.
H7 Solutions may disable accounts that are found to be in violation of these policies. If your account is disabled, and you believe it was a mistake, please contact H7 Solutions here.